Thursday, March 12, 2015

NOVA Open Plans in the Works

For those who have been reading my blog for some time, it has been one of my gaming goals to attend a high population gaming convention and compete in some of the events! My original goal was to attend the NOVA Open Grand Tournament, but some other obligations have come up (Sorry, 40k, can't miss one of my best friends' wedding!)

In spite of this, I am planning to attend Thursday and Friday, competing in the Trios Tournament and some of the Highlander "Quickening" events. I have never really played the Highlander format before, but it seems like a very fun way to play the game! I think I will bring out Grey Knights for these events. The Trios missions and events still seem to be in some transition in terms of the rules and list building, so I'll bide my time on that.

Please let me know if you are attending NOVA this year! I also want to try and make the event a social time, branching out and meeting new people. I am looking to try and blog much more seriously in the coming months, and I think NOVA would be a great place to network!

I'll post a highlander list in the near future for some critique. Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I will be there! Signed up for narrative and trios! Will look out for you there! I'll be the guy with flashing tea light markers, and dead ork walkers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey excellent! The narrative seems fantastic, but I just can't do the whole event. I've been told that the Trios is one of the best events there for a nice balance of competition and fun. My friends and I are really stoked!

    ReplyDelete