Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Switching the Colors

Rakdos Aggro just isn’t quite fast enough. With the inclusion of Burning-Tree Emissary in standard, there is just simply no reason not to play a Gruul Aggro. The BTEs make for excellent mana-fixing, particularly for any 1G creatures. There are two excellent choices in aggro at the moment for me, including Gyre Sage and Scavenging Ooze. In addition, they can fix for other creatures/planeswalkers. I find them quite useful for their purposes; Gyre Sage gives me more green sources and some potential late game attacking, while Ooze gives something to do with dead creatures, late game attacking, and life gain.

I am running a fairly aggressive mono-red deck, with splash for green. Green also gives me access to some artifact and enchantment removal, along with Plummet for any big flyers. It has proven to be fairly effective thus far in testing, and I hope to keep playing around with it to see if there are any improvements to be made. Firedrinker Satyr hasn’t killed me yet, and the 2P1D fact has proven extremely useful. We shall see what comes down the pipe for Born of the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment