Saturday, November 19, 2011

Too Tri-Hard

Well, I have reached a depressing but unsurprising conclusion.

I can not play a game non-competitively.

It occurred to me the other day with the Magic Booster draft. I decided to actually try and win, instead of perhaps just get some cool cards and move on. I came incredibly close to winning the whole draft. It was at that point that I decided I can not play Magic casually. I am not a casual gamer. 

It just doesn't flow with me. I have the desire to win. I don't care what sort of game it is; I want to perform at my best. Perhaps it is the competitive nature in me that fuels my desire. I enjoy the challenge it gives my brain. Chess, Warhammer 40k, Heroclix, Magic: All of these games give my brain some challenge. I enjoy it.

This does not mean though that I intend to become a WAAC kind of gamer. That is simply not fun. I want to perform well, but I want to have fun and allow my opponent to have fun too. I do not want to be "that guy."

So, with this, I promise to not devolve into a WAAC gamer, but I intend to be a good sport. A Renaissance man if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment