Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Why Do I Even Bother?

Why do I bother reading the mainstream blog sites? The ones in particular that I read are Kirby's Blog and YTTH (on the rarest of occasions. Stelek is a massive whiner. I'd feel bad if he wasn't a total online asshole.)

Anyway, I question reading these blogs anymore because of this post:
http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/2011/10/comparison-games-workshop-privateer.html

The post itself is pretty good. It's a fair analysis of each company. What I hate most are the comments.The negativity in these posts is toxic. I don't feel any more knowledgeable or informed about the topic. I just feel depressed.

I admit, I complain about a number of things in life. Bills, professors, people, and a myriad of other things will come up in conversation fairly unfavorably. Everyone does it. The trick is when to complain and how. To complain on a blog, which has been defined a group interested in furthering the 40k experience, seems out of place.

I love to blog, don't get me wrong. While only 5 people read it regularly, I feel more connected to those people. They share their opinions, and I can give mine. It's an equitable system. I do not like the toxic nature of these mainstream blogs.

I think I may just stick to the secondary level bloggers. These guys love the game. They have good insight and information. Maybe this will inspire me to write more of my own material! I certainly hope so.

Maybe I am being a lame-o and shying away from the reality of the situation. Perhaps. I accept this though, and I'm gonna do what I love: Gaming.

So, forget all of you whiny bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment