Sunday, October 9, 2011

2,000 Chaos Daemons

Great Unclean One-220
Cloud of Flies, Breath of Chaos, Aura of Decay, Instrument of Chaos

(2) Heralds of Tzeentch-100 each
Chariot of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch

4 Bloodcrushers-200
Fury of Khorne, Instrument of chaos, Chaos Icon

10 Bloodletters-170
Fury of Khorne

10 Bloodletters-195
Fury of Khorne, Chaos Icon

5 Plaguebearers-75

5 Plaguebearers-75

10 Horrors-180
Bolt of Tzeentch

10 Horrors-180
Bolt of Tzeentch

Soul Grinder-185

(2) Daemon Princes-160
Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze

I have been brewing this list for a while now. It takes advantage of most of the stuff I have so far. I think it could definitely be effective, and it would be a more fun army to play. Of course, it could also prove useful in those odd tournaments. 

3 comments:

  1. About the only comment I'd make would be to consider Fiends of Slaanesh over the Bloodcrushers. You lose some durability, but your assault potential is about the same, and the Fiends' potential 19-24" charge is one of the few cheap ways to exceed the 6" move/assault barrier in the codex.

    The Bloodcrushers have the edge if you're intending to tag team them with the GUO and get in your opponent's face, but the Fiends can give you an equally deadly unit that can be held back and deployed more flexibly while still threatening the same units the Crushers could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my main conflict during the construction of this list. I have a bloodcrusher model right now, so I figured getting 3 more is easy to do, compared to making 6 Fiends. I will NEVER buy the actual Fiend models EVAR.

    In addition, the Bloodcrushers can take an icon, which I would like to have in my list. They can also be wound allocated, as they are in this list.

    *Shrug* Play testing will occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd concur with the choice then, and also the refusal to purchase the actual Fiend models. The Blood Crushers will soak up plenty of fire, and wreck just about everything they hit.

    ReplyDelete