Thursday, September 15, 2011

Game 2 of the Four Horsemen Tournament

Game 2 was against my good friend Ben (BlueEquis from Termagants Well Spent. Check the blog roll). I had promised him a game on the top table, and sure enough here we were. :)

His Daemons
Great Unclean One with Breath
2 Tzeentch Heralds with Bolt and Gaze
10 Daemonettes
10 Daemonettes
5 Plaguebearers
5 Plaguebearers
6 Fiends
10 Seekers
2 Tzeentch Daemon Princes with Bolt and Gaze

Pretty standard 1500 Daemons list. It's actually fairly similar to a list I hope to run in the future. I felt fairly confident in my ability to handle the foul chaos spawn. I took first turn hoping to cause some Dangerous Terrain tests with Njal, and I rolled an 11 for the Tempest... this was how the game went in terms of dice.

Ben placed all of his units perfectly, each one handling a portion of my army. It was very well coordinated. My shooting simply wasn't enough to cripple his assault capabilities. He earned a Major Victory fairly soundly.

Very hard-fought game as always with Ben. To be totally honest, if this was a NOVA style or W/L record, he would have earned a prize, not myself.

Great game, my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Don't sell yourself short on placing - those Massacres didn't just happen.

    ReplyDelete