Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some new games!

These past couple weeks have been PACKED with work and preparing to go back to school. Of course, I made some time for gaming!

A buddy of mine and I played a game of Heroclix. I bought some of the figures a while ago, and it is a fun system. It was bought up by a new company and is still in full swing. It's a very simple game, but it is very fast and entertaining.

I also picked up a WoW TCG deck from a friend of mine who had an extra starter deck. Imagine Magic: The Gathering, with Warcraft themes and more simple rules and deck building. The Raid Decks are fun as hell to fight.

Throwing in some nostalgia, another friend has been bothering me to get the Pokemon TCG. Now, like every kid of my generation, I had a ton of Pokemon cards. I sold them a while ago though, actually netting about 50 bucks. Well, the 5th generation of Pokemon has come out, and I am so totally lost. Luckily I found a new "1st gen" starter deck, I actually might pick up. I'm a sucker for new games.

Not to mention, the first semester of the Frostburg Gamers club! I have some big hopes for the club, and I think we can make some great events.

No comments:

Post a Comment