Saturday, August 27, 2011

Four Horsemen Tournament

So, the Saturday I come back to Frostburg, there is a 40k tournament in Morgantown. My good friend and alien rival Ben, sent me the invite. I intend to attend.

My list: 1500 Space Wolves

Njal Stormcaller
3 Wolf Guard with Power Fists, Combi-Meltas
5 Wolf Scouts with Meltaguns
5 Wolf Scouts with Meltaguns
7 Grey Hunters with Meltagun, Wolf Standard and Rhino
7 Grey Hunters with Meltagun, Wolf Standard and Rhino
7 Grey Hunters with Meltagun, Wolf Standard and Rhino
Land Speeder with Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer
Land Speeder with Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer
5 Long Fangs with 4 Missile Launchers
5 Long Fangs with 4 Missile Launchers
5 Long Fangs with 4 Missile Launchers

I really really really love this list. For a 1500 point game, it gives me all the tools I need. I actually may go with some Nikephoros (Bringer of Victory Blog Writer, check my blog list) statistics on it. Pretty Rad.

3 comments:

  1. You would bring the kind of list my reserve Nids were designed to overwhelm after I've started playtesting a standard swarm! Looks like I'll have to kill you the old-fashioned way - and this time you won't be saved by the game ending on turn 4.

    In all seriousness, I like this list much more than some of your others; it has lots of firepower, flexibility, and a decent counter-punch. Might benefit from another scoring unit, but that may not be necessary depending on the missions, which should be posted sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have a chance Ben! It could work!

    *Serious Face* I think that Reserve Nids don't work as well as you need them to at 1500. Just too few points to get those heavy hitters. Plus, Tempests Wrath or Njal's other goodies may totally ruin your day.

    I have to agree; the flexibility is what makes this list. Particularly with Njal. Every Rune Priest Psychic Power is phenomenal.

    I also considered taking another scoring unit, but I'm gonna risk it and hope you are right about the missions. I'm concerned that there will be some sort of crazy mission: like 4 turns of night fighting -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not so much the point value that works against me as the possibility of getting Warp Quaked off the board and having my Zoanthropes shut down... still kinda tempting to go reserve after seeing the missions.

    ReplyDelete