Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rarkthor's Classic List

So, I played a brief (very brief) game of 40k last night with my buddy Leigh. Turns out, he has no issues with Land Raiders :P .

During the conversation that inevitably takes place while gaming, he used the phrase "My Classic List." At first, I chuckled as I thought of other classics and the phrase itself. As I thought further, I realized that I don't really have a classic list.

I have been playing for quite a while now, and I wonder why I have yet to find my classic list. Maybe I am not looking in the right places. Or the right books. Or the right models. I am unsure of why I have yet to find it, but I am embarking on a quest to do so.



Perhaps this is a search for the holy grail, but for me, the journey is half the fun. I expect many losses and crazy lists, but I will find the list I love and beat ass with.

2 comments:

  1. to find your classic list, you must first find your classic unit or units. What units do you always run? How do you always equip them? How do you use them?

    The above "always"es can mean always, or usually, or often, depending on how you play.

    For instance, I always (always) run Shrike, I always (usually) run 2 10-man assault squads with 2x LCs, and I always (often) field a Thunderfire Cannon. Every list features Shrike, but not every list features the two Assaulty squads, usually only one that runs around with Shrike; at the same time, I like running a TFC, but depending on points level or whether or not I am playing competitive it gets left out.

    I wish you luck on finding your classic list!

    --Bladebaka

    ReplyDelete
  2. the trick, i think is to find that unit that you can build an army around. My list has the terminators and the dreadnoughts. My list is built around having a H2H beatstick and saturating s7 fire. I thought you were on to something when you had your drop podding Logan and his harem of angry sweaty wolfmen, but havent seen you run that in a while. Our closest games were between my "classic" list and your Logan list.

    ReplyDelete