Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mantic Games

http://www.manticgames.com/Home.html

With the influx of hatred for GW and their price increases, I have been seeing the name Mantic Games thrown around a lot more. I took a look at their lines of models, and I have to say they don't look too bad. The Dwarf models in particular really caught my eye.

In addition, they have announced a Science Fiction line of models to come out very soon. I think for a much better price, these models would definitely do the trick. Particularly with Fantasy. Fantasy, for me, is a fun type of game, much better than the previous edition. It is not nearly as competitive. (Pre-measure Dwarf Artillery?)

What do you guys think about 3rd party miniatures?

1 comment:

  1. They tend to vary in quality; some are very well suited to GW games, others not so much. They can add a great deal to the character of individual armies; at the moment I'm waiting on one to come back into production to serve as a centerpiece for a side project. Mantic's fantasy line doesn't really do anything for me, but its prices and quality are pretty good. Depending on what units they decide to produce, I could see myself picking up a few sci-fi kits.

    ReplyDelete