Tuesday, May 17, 2011

2500 Blood Angels

This is a 2500 Blood Angels list I threw together for a game today with my buddy Leigh. Blood Angels does the expensive scariness well. So, I'm gonna try it out:

Mephiston-250

10 Tactical Squads-210
Meltagun, Multi-Melta
Sergeant with Combi-Weapon, Power Fist
Rhino-50

10 Tactical Squads-210
Meltagun, Multi-Melta
Sergeant with Combi-Weapon, Power Fist
Rhino-50

15 Death Company-500
2 Power Fists and Lemartes
Land Raider-260
Multi-Melta

2 Priests-130
Power Weapons

Land Speeder-70
Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder-70
Multi-Melta, Heavy

10 Devastators-210
4 Missile Launchers

10 Devastators-210
4 Missile Launchers

5 Assault Marines-140
Meltagun, Lightning Claw Serg
Razorback

5 Assault Marines-140
Meltagun, Lightning Claw Serg
Razorback

3 comments:

  1. How'd the game turn out? I'm a little curious about the Troop squad compositions; it seems like the Assault squads could have worked better at full strength in the Rhinos, while the Tacticals could have used combat squads to provide extra fire support from the backfield. Anyway, hope the army performed well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my friend played a very aggressive Space Wolves army with a Logan-Bomb and T-Wolf Cavalry. So in this mission, yeah, that comp would have been better.

    Another friend mentioned trying out Tac Marines instead of Assault Squads, so I figured I would try.

    The game was actually heavily in my favor. As a rather silly tactic, I wanted to try deep striking the DC Land Raider, which suffered a mishap. So, I called it there. In addition, we had to clean up to play Twilight Imperium 3, the best board game ever.

    I would love to try this list again. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think that happened the last time someone tried to deep strike a Land Raider near me - kinda silly that they didn't give something that well armored the same level of protection as a Drop Pod. Oh well.

    Agreed on the Tactical/Assault Squad bit. The 5 strong assault squads are a points efficient way to get vehicles, but are pretty easy to deal with outside of them. The Tactical squads are pricier, but can threaten from further away and provide extra firepower without losing much in the way of assault capability.

    ReplyDelete