Sunday, January 2, 2011

Magic!

So, for Christmas, I received $20 in Walmart gift cards (thanks to some of my kind relatives), and I went out and bought a Magic: The Gathering deck builder kit! Almost 300 cards, of all colors and over several different editions. Even though some of them were 2010 set, I still was able to make three, count them, three standard decks! This, of course, is in addition to my Slash and Burn style deck. Also, my little brother received a number of cards including all of my Green cards, and some red and artifact. So, I got cards for myself, and I now have an opponent. Needless to say, I am very pleased. :)

Here are the decks I created:

White Defender- Basically, a lot of vigilance and pacifism. I stop your monsters from causing damage, but I still deal some to you. Not incredibly awesome, but a white deck that I have been wanting to create for a while now.

Black Control - Doom Blades, Last Kiss and other DAMAGE!! type cards in this deck. Small creatures that do a lot of graveyard type activities are also found. A recent great card that I have found is the Quest for the Gravelord. Play this quest for 1 swamp, and three dead monsters (of either side) later, you have a 5/5 zombie chilling out. Sounds good to me. Best of the three so far.

Blue Control-ish - My better control cards got put into my Slash and Burn deck XP. These are some more control with deck management and some flying "return monster" type creatures. I have yet to try this deck out, but I'm sure LOLZ will be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment