Wednesday, January 5, 2011

League of Legends



So, for a while now, I have been playing a new strategy/action/RPG game called League of Legends. Some of my close gamer friends recommended it to me, and they insisted I try it. I was skeptical in the beginning, but when I heard they had stopped playing World of Warcraft to play this game, I knew something was up. I downloaded it, and I have been definitely into it for a while.

Sadly, College life consumed most of my time and ability to play the game. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it simply is. I have been playing it again as of late, due to a significant increase in spare time. There are so many good things about this game that I figure I would talk about them in my blog.

First of all, it's a damn fun game. The mechanics are strong, the champions are well developed, and the objective is just plain enjoyable. I'm surprised by the level of development that this game shows. I have yet to find my champion of choice yet, but I am working steadily to try many out. So far, I enjoy Annie, Ryze, and Veigar (see a pattern here? For those of you who play :P )

Second, Riot Games is on the ball. They listen to the community about the game play, new additions, and they are really involved. Their facebook page has many awesome videos and silly jokes. They were what Blizzard used to be, before WoW became their pet money-maker.

Last, but not least, it's an entirely free game! There is absolutely no "needed content" that is reliant upon money. They have a very unique system of purchasing champions and extra material using a point system. You purchase points by buying them and you can use them for a variety of goodies. It's quite ingenious.

All in all, this is a great game that people should try. It's not for the casual gamer type, but if you really get into, it can be a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this game.

1 comment:

  1. I lucked out in that my go-to games in college were Gears of War and Dawn of War. I can't tell you how many breaks in studying were fraught with space marine assaults backed up by IG artillery...

    ReplyDelete