Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why I'm a member of a third party

So, today, as he has done several times during the semester, my political science professor has commented that it is much wiser to register with a major party. His logic is that you waste your vote for a primary candidate. I openly discussed with him that I have registered as a Libertarian instead of a Republican or Democrat. Simply out of humor, he called me "The Patron Saint of Hopeless Parties." I found it very funny, and I didn't mind the comment. This professor has honestly been one of the best teachers I have ever had, strictly in the education sense.

His comments did make me ponder my decision to join a third party. While I think labeling is an unnecessary and overdone phenomenon, I at least want to be labeled correctly. I do not wish to be associated with either of the major parties, as I see a large amount of hypocrisy within both of them. So, I intend to stick with my guns and register Libertarian. Sorry Dr. Simpson, but I'm gonna stick to my Lost Libertarians. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment