Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Physical Memories

So, in an effort to keep all audiences entertained, this is my first post about something not Warhammer.

As I pack up my entire room, I have across many different items: Trophies, books, CDs, and mostly garbage. Anyway, it led me to think about the need to keep such items that may have some substantial value to me. My baseball trophies, my medals from Robotics, and the other "awards" I have earned.

I decided I don't need to keep them. I think the more important part of the memory is the feeling and sense of personal accomplishment. I didn't do those things for the cute little trophy at the end. I did it for the satisfaction I felt. I had fun, and that is the more important part of the event.

I remember. So I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...But it's those trinkets and mementos that remind you of the memory....if not for those trivial items gifted to you because of those particular conquests, you would not remember to recall the memory

    ReplyDelete